This last week I turned twenty-six years old. I’m now over a quarter of a century old. Last year I was able to say, “Now I’m old enough to rent a car!” This year I said, “I’m one year closer to getting those killer savings with that AARP discount!” I’m just kidding, I didn’t really say that, but hey- it’s not untrue. 😉
For some, getting older can be a sour topic because it can remind them of the things that they’ve missed out on or compare where we are in life to others and those thoughts can trump a time of celebration. I’ll be honest, that has been me until this year. This year, I can say I’m no longer that person!
- My style has been described as “boho hobo” and found that it’s strangely accurate.
- I became a morning person.
- I learned the value of sleep and it’s okay to be known as “the granny.”
- I learned to not buy something, just because it’s on sale. Put that money towards my next adventure.
- I learned to say “no.”
- I found a love Thai and Asian food.
- I’ve taken on yoga.
- I have morning and night routines, like a granny. And I get strangely excited explaining them to people.
- I learned that acupuncture is my saving grace.
- I’ve learned that tears aren’t always a bad thing.
- I learned that crockpots are BOSS.
- Exercising is finally my happy place.
- I really upped my emoji game.
- I’ve put my dog on about four different vitamins/supplements to ensure that he lives forever.
- I learned that painting is the perfect activity for a rainy day accompanied by some hot tea.
- I break it down at weddings. Just call me “Ms. Wedding.”
- I like to invest in leather journals from time to time because it makes my heart happy.
- I learned it’s okay to be a homebody and just read books.
- I’ve grown in my walk with Christ and He has helped me overcome many internal battles.
- I stopped my silent, constant comparison battle.
- I’ve learned to be more conscious of my changing my mindset from my go-to anxious heart to a mindset of assurance that Christ is in control.
- I’ve focused on my health and fitness. Not for the “perfect beach bod” but to fight for my health and grow more confidently in myself.
- I learned that the power of prayer is a force not to be reckoned with.
- I became more comfortable in my skin.
- I learned to follow my heart, even when others question my choices, I am still confident.
- I realized I’m a pretty rad human being.
See how I listed twenty-six things and I just turned twenty-six? Super clever and original, I know.
To celebrate my twenty-sixth year of breathing, I started off with some kayaking with my padre for a few hours!
We then ended the day with tacos. Shocking, I know.
Stay tuned. This was only the beginning of my birthday festivities! Here’s a little preview of posts to come!
To ensure you don’t miss any posts: SUBSCRIBE: There’s a link on the top right hand corner 😉